Monday, December 12, 2016

Why Am I So Raw With My Writing?

Someone asked me this question: Why are you so open with your writing?

Dear someone who wants to remain anonymous,

I'm an open book. When it comes to my writing I'm even more raw because I refuse to be ashamed of who I am, what I am, what created me, or what life events I've been through that got me where I'm at today.

I'm so raw with my writing because I never know who I'm going to touch. Whose life I'm going to change just by opening up about my battles with depression, previous struggles with self-hate, abuse, denial, drama, trauma and the list goes on. I understand that I'm not the only one to have ever gone through what I've been through. By writing it out, I not only open a door for someone whose been there to reach out and give me advice. I also open a door to someone who is going through it and might feel as if they're the loneliest person in the universe. I write so that they don't feel like no one cares and no one understands.

I'm so raw in my writing because it's a gift that God gave me. He also helped me through all my hardships and I have to share that I made it, because I believed and he took care of me. I have to honor the one who allows me to continue my journey. Another reason why I'm raw with my writing is because some people, oddly enough find solace in my blogs.  Just knowing that I can help someone I've never met just by writing, that's what It's all about.

My blogs reach over eight countries. According to my analytics and views, I reach across the US, Russia, Ukraine, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Canada, India, Netherlands and Indonesia to name a few. That is why I added the translation icon on my blog, I want everyone who types in a keyword in Google who might need help, to hopefully get relief after reading my journey.

I write because my readers are my extended family, and like family we take care of one another. I write because you  matter, and I want you to know that. Whether you read a blog, a prayer that I write, personally message me "thank yous" etc. I read it all, I love it all and I accept the compliments, comments and concerns. I even accept the hatred and bullying. I write because no matter the backlash it's worth the release.

<3 Ebony

2 comments:

Honeygrip said...

I feel the same way about my writing. It's so raw and personal that I struggle with sharing and promoting it. But it's so cathartic! It has a purpose! Keep writing and keep sharing your story. #blmgirl

Edwige said...

I salute you for being so open about your writing! It definitely is a gift from God! Keep sharing and being an inspiration! #Blmgirl

Edwige | http://www.hypnozglam.com