Tuesday, December 6, 2016

2016 Victoria Secret Fashion Show: From Natural Hair, to a Pregnancy, Diversity and MORE!

A photo posted by Victoria's Secret (@victoriassecret) on

Last night the Victoria Secret Fashion Show aired on CBS! I've been in love with this fashion show since I was little and saw Adrianna Lima owning the crowd and working the run way. I guess it was then, that she became my favorite Angel. Last night was full of wins to me , not just with the fashion and the music but with the women they had strutting their stuff.

 Man I love HER!

A photo posted by Victoria's Secret (@victoriassecret) on

1. The  show showcased natural hair and it made me appreciate Victoria Secret a little more. Growing up watching television and seeing models on the covers of magazines I never saw someone like me. The hair, skin tone, attitude, happiness none of that was present. So to know that there are young girls out there who watched the show and saw someone like them, makes me extremely happy. 

I woke up this morning feeling over the moon!!! I am so happy to have shared viewing this epic event with my family last night! To have my mom in the audience of the VS show in Paris was the most rewarding feeling ever! They have seen the ups and downs of my career since the very beginning. They have watched me start and stop modeling almost a million times! This was for you guys!! Perseverance and a positive mindset is everything! Don't let setbacks keep you from getting what you want. Remember that people don't know your worth until you show them what it is. "Faith is giving the divine the chance to act." - Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. πŸ’•πŸ’•A special thank you to some of the people who helped make this happen. Your support means the world!! @majormodelsny @nadiawomen @10magazine @ed_razek @johndavidpfeiffer @victoriassecret
A photo posted by Jourdana Phillips (@jourdanaelizabeth) on


2. Diversity! I watch this fashion show every year and I even watch the replay, I haven't seen so many different races in this show in a long time. I loved seeing this because one day, there will be full figured models in this show!


A photo posted by Cindy Bruna (@cindybruna) on


3. A pregnant model! That's right one of the angels, Irina Shayk was in her second trimester last night! Victoria Secret could have easily gotten rid of her, but NOPE they adjusted and still let her work that runway! 

A photo posted by irinashayk (@irinashayk) on

4. I thought it was cuet when exes Bella Hadid and musical guest The Weekend shared the runway. She walked passed him and touched his stomach, they shared a smile and he watch her walk. This was Bella's first Victoria Secret Fashion Show along side sister Gigi Hadid.
 

 5. Jasmine Tookes wore the $3 million bra! 

A photo posted by Jasmine Tookes (@jastookes) on

6. The music...you can't have fashion without the music! For some reason I can't get my hands on the rest of the videos of Gaga, The Weekend and Bruno Mars, but when I do I'll post them!
 

 Meet the Angels, watch all the perfromances and check out some of the hot items from the show CLICK HERE

No comments: