Monday, December 19, 2016

Stop Apologizing For..

I have plenty of friends who I listen to when they need to vent, cry or just talk. One thing that's consistent from my friends is that they're apologizing for being happy. Whether it be because they found someone who aided in that happiness over an ex, or enjoying the current state of life when others aren't or simply because they are just happy!

STOP IT!

I know we tend to feel guilty when our lives move forward and others around us might be stuck. I understand that awkwardness that comes when someone asks you "how are you?" or "what's new?" and you actually have good news; while in return their answers aren't the same. I know that it feels weird to express your happiness and have someone come in and be sad. That's okay, don't apologize for you being happy. You don't need to say sorry to your friend because you're in a better place and they don't like it. If they were a real friend despite what's going on in their life they will always be happy for you. (With that said don't be a prideful jerk about your happiness. You still need to remain humble and listen to your friend and hear their situation out)

Now when it comes to that ex of yours. You don't owe your ex an explanation. They don't need to know who you're with, why, when it happened etc because it's simply not their business. The day your business solely became yours is the day you two split. Don't allow them to make you feel bad because they might still have feelings for you. Don't allow them to make you feel bad because you're firm in the decision to go your separate ways. Don't let that happen because honey, misery loves company.

When I realized that one situation wasn't making me happy, I HAD to let that go. I can't allow myself to be miserable when God is trying to work wonders in my life. God told me what to do awhile ago and I ignored it, and I have to tell you I'm so glad I acknowledged him now. Letting that go, has opened so many doors for me to truly be happy. I don't feel guilty for letting that relationship go. I feel so good and relieved and revived! Now, do I know if what I might venture into with someone else will be the end of my love hunt? NOPE! But I do know, life is to short to not be happy.

At the end of the day, you know what makes you happy. Most of us won't let go of those who are hurting us because we feel some sort of guilt or obligation to stick around. When a situation isn't working baby, you have to let it go. Like Elsa, let that shit go, you'll be surprised by the blessing God will send your way when you just let go.

No comments: