Monday, May 9, 2016

Pesky Thing Called Time...

Time is beautiful but, it’s also scary. It’s something that we take advantage of every day, and then we turn around and pray for it to slow down. Time is best spent, to put it simply from what God wants for us, to be happy, healthy and blessed. However, most of us stress out; we’re worried about what our neighbors are doing. How far in life they might be ahead of us. Most importantly, we look at the material items they possess; calculating that to being “happier” because they have “more.” We’re looking to see if the grass is greener on the other side.

Remember when adults would tell you to “live it up now!” that’s because It’s true, time waits for no one. It’s best served in peace, blessings, patience, trust, and faith. Time is best served when we fully have faith in what God has for us. However, most of us don’t truly have faith in God or whatever higher power we believe in.

It’s easy for me to say that because, when we stress out that’s not faith, that’s doubt.  We cannot have true undying faith in God when we allow doubt to creep its ugly head in our business. I’m guilty of this, raising my hand, standing up tall and admitting it because I AM HUMAN. There have been plenty of times when I stress, worry, question God on what he’s doing. It’s a daily repentance and strength training for me to get back on track, shut up, believe and live.

Wherever God is taking me, I’m blinding going because I know that he will always protect me. I at times have (not anymore) looked at my peers and thought they had more than me because they have a husband and are building families. Then when they talk to me, they believe that I have it all together because of my success. Different strokes, for different folks. My path is different from those around me; and because of that, I thought I was losing or slow in life.

It wasn’t until I prayed and I heard Jesus. He came to me and reassured me that everything that is in my heart will come true. Since that day, I haven’t doubted, felt like I was missing out on something, and I stopped beating myself up. This world is harsh, and I’m reminded of it every day when I log onto social media. When I see how much time has passed, when I look at my timeline, when I see where I am now compared to last year, month or week.
Figuring out life is exactly what life is about, it’s about taking charge and relaxing in time. It’s about loving, hurting, wanting, living. It’s about LIFE. Time and life to me are twins; they both are beautiful, scary and humbling. I don’t want to waste my time with sad emotions, or to think about what my neighbors are doing. I would rather spend my time being happy and loving every moment of my journey. How are you spending your time? How would you LIKE to spend your time?


<3 Ebony  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not spending enough time doing the things that I love. I know I should be doing more, I should even be doing better. My goal for this year is to make the most of my time and figure out who I am. Great post! Loved it!