Friday, September 11, 2015

My Journey to Happiness: Celebrate Recovery

I didn't realize how miserable things were for me until I heard the phrase "you can choose to be happy." I never understood that because who would choose to be miserable?  I took a  good look in the mirror and realized that I was choosing not to be happy. 

It all started with thoughts in the morning on how this and that is wrong, or I'm failing at this, or I'm mad at this person; instead of waking up thankful for another day. I was deciding to go back to a place of pain because it was familiar. 

They say, the mind is a powerful thing and God even says be careful what you think and speak.Remember being told to "watch what you say?"now I totally understand that meaning. 



I was waking up in the morning heavily depressed not knowing that I was unintentionally setting myself up for failure and choosing being sad over being happy. 

I realized that life is short, people piss you off  and things wont always go your way, however; at the end of the day, it's just you and God. God wants us to be happy and to love but I couldn't love anybody because I was improperly loved by people who should've loved me. Which in turn caused me to look for love in all the wrong places. 

So with the talk to God and a slap in the face of reality I decided to join an amazing group called Celebrate Recovery. It's a Christlike centered therapy group .A safe place that allows you to surrender all your hurts, hang ups and habits. A couple weeks ago, I got my 60 day chip. :)


What's next? This hair has GOT TO GO!
-xo Ebony  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing and awesome!!! I'm so proud of you and your journey! It's been a beautiful thing to watch!

-Ivory. :)