Friday, June 26, 2015

Same Love


Earlier this morning the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 to lift the ban on same sex marriage nationwide. As I sit and smile while I read articles, I then shake my head at the comments left under the post. This is always a topic of discussion at someones table everyday. I also get asked, personally, how I feel about the "issue" (side note, I hate when people call love an issue).

Here's how I feel about people who are homosexuals.

I don't care.

Seems harsh, but here's my reasoning for using those words. I don't care if you're gay, bisexual, transsexual, white, black, yellow, purple or red! All I care about is how your heart is. What you do in your personal life is none of my business. A friend told me that she hates on same sex love because as a straight person, she can't find that type of love or commitment. A handful of people that I know hate it because of religious reasons. If being with the same sex makes you happy, a better person, allows you to love on others and share greatness then okay, be you. That is not my lifestyle, it's not one I will frown upon on either. It's not one I will judge, because honey, I can't judge shit, especially from the things I've done in my past.

Here is what people read in the bible :

Leviticus 18:22: Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind, it is, an abomination.

Okay great.. I understand, here is what I read, which is the reason for me not judging but instead choosing to LOVE:

John 13:34-35- A new command I give you: Love one another. AS I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

If you think same sex love is wrong then that's fine, but what's not fine is being nasty, mean, judegmental and a dick basically because of someone elses life. I'm sorry, I didn't know that Mary and Sara's love for one another is so hurtful to your personal life. Does their love stop you from going to work? Eating? Laughing? Loving? Thought so....


People also make me laugh when they get pissed about this, but have the audacity to preach equality for everyone. So here is what I see and hear

It's okay for a woman to buck up, be in a mans face, and even assault him, YET if a man were to do the same, its wrong...Because as a man you have to take it...

It's okay for a man to get a higher position over a woman because.. they're considered to be "better equipped" to handle business decisions.... YET most fortune 500 companies are ran by women... i.e. Yahoo inc...General Motors...Campbell Soup just to name a few.

Having love is what will bring people together, LOVE IS THE ANSWER! EXCEPT if it's love between the same sex, because that's "wrong" and "gross"

I'm a lover of people and of happiness. I'm not up for judging because I don't want to be judged. Who am I to tell you that how you love is wrong, when I haven't even come close to correcting my wrongs? Unfriend me, unlike my social pages if you must because I wont stand by some and scold others, I'll understand.

 So if you're gay, then congratulations on now being able to marry whenever and wherever you please.

<3 Eb

Liptak, A. (2015). New York Times: Same Sex Marriage is a Right Supreme Court Rules, 5-4. Retrieved from: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/27/us/supreme-court-same-sex-marriage.html?_r=0