Friday, June 19, 2015

Boast of Green

Okay, I promise that green is NOT my favorite color :) however this green drink is surprisingly tasty! For those who don't know, I've been on a health kick for the past 10 months. After my move from Alaska to Texas, it was time for me to focus on myself. In doing so, all the weight that I carried and allowed myself to put on from BAD relationships was one thing I didn't want coming with me on my new journey. As a dedication to myself, I decided it's time to GET BACK into shape and be the best me I can :). See blog :  BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER for more about my personal weight story. 
More about my green mess of a delicious drink:
2 1/2 cups of spinach and kale 
1tbsp of chia seeds 
1 cup of frozen berries, I used mango, pineapple and strawberries 
a dab of peanut butter  and fiber powder
1/2 cup of almond milk 

I drink this as a snack after a workout (not everyday), of course you can change out your fruit, ditch the greens if you want, add more fruit, lose the peanut butter, but adding protein would be ideal. This gave me energy and helped clear me out, I encourage you to give it a try and make it your own :) then hit the contact box with your thoughts.