Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Still Going Straight

I've been taking a break from social media and some other things in life. When I moved to Los Angeles, I felt this overwhelming sense of peace in my heart. When I drove from Denver, CO to North Hollywood, tears of joy came down my face on the 15 hour drive as I passed through many state lines. A sense of relief that it's finally here, constant prayer of gratitude as I would look to my right and see my dad trying his best not to take a nap.

I've taken leaps of faith before, however I haven't taken one that's this huge! To seriously give up everything because God said it's time. Thing is, I have no idea what it's time for. All I know is that he said move. With his track record in history and in my life, who am I to question what he says? He's been showing me little things so far that this is where he wants me.

I love when I pray certain things and he shows out just to prove that he's listening. He knows all his children, so he knows what I'm about to ask him and he delivers if not right before I ask it's quickly after I ask.  The hardest part is shutting up, sitting still and listening. Waiting to hear him and the next move for me. When do I turn right Papa? I have to stand the silence because when it's my turn to make that right, like Pastor Joel Osteen said, like a GPS God will tell to you when turn right.

 So I'm still going straight. 

In the mean time, I've been crazy busy enjoying life and loving myself and all that's  been coming my way. The people, the dating, the vegan restaurants, the hiking, the beaches, the concerts, the love in the silence when I'm alone. I'm so in love with this stage of my life I'm not documenting it. I'm hardly posting on social media because I'm enjoying my company why would I want to be on my phone? 

As we all start to head into a new season, I encourage you to do things that make you happy. I pray that you focus on what makes you, you. Do you want to start that business? Do you want to get into better shape? Do you want to get closer to God? Do you want to find love? Do you want true happiness? Do you want to chase your dreams? Whatever it is that'll make you happy, I hope you go for it. 

Life is to short for what ifs.

<3 Ebony 

No comments: