Thursday, August 3, 2017

What Are You Doing?

As I'm on this new amazing, exciting yet a little scary journey; I get asked the same question over and over again.
What are you doing? 

For those who don't know, I'm for once, enjoying my life. I'm taking a  moment to look back at everything I've done in a short period. I'm taking a moment to realize that there's more to life other than working. You see, I haven't had a breather since I was 14 and started to work. For the first time, a few weeks ago, I took my first real vacation. One that lasted a week, where I did NO WORK and just took in the sun, the beach, and everything else around me.

This moment, I'm breathing in all that Papa (God) has placed in front of me and I'm deciding to love it. To love every single bump or road block. To love every tear that I've cried and every memory that used to cause me pain, but now I rejoice at my triumph when thinking about it. It takes a lot for me to sit still. Papa is asking me to sit still and keep focused on him. Out of everything I've been through sitting still for the past month or so was the hardest thing I've ever done.

I'm glad I listened. 

I'm back in this space where I love life and love living it. When you deal with so many lairs and twisted people at times it drags you down. When you're in toxic situations it's best to leave. I'm Where I want to wake up and help someone again. Where I want to get up and run my miles, make my breakfast and tell someone to have a great day. I'm at this point in my life where I realized that home is where the heart is. Once you find your heart everything else will be okay.

So, as I sit in my friends' room, staring out the window at the gorgeous sun. I can't help but wonder what's in store for me next? Yes, I'm a little scared I  mean who wouldn't be? But you know what's bigger than my fears? My faith in Papa. He never brings me to a place where I will fail. He sets me up in places that always better me and push me and to where I can succeed. He brings me into places that have the most valuable lessons only experience can teach you.

So, as I live, chase my dreams, and face everything this world has to throw at me. I know that I'm protected and I know that everything will work out in his favor. So that's what I'm doing, what are you doing?

<3 Ebony

No comments: