Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Vegan Potato Curry!



I've decided to try out the vegan lifestyle. Now, I'm not going all in at once! I have to pace myself into it. After all it is a lifestyle and I want to make sure I do it right aka I don't want to jump in and binge eat the next day. So, I decided to try my hand at cooking my favorite dishes, vegan style. To start a Potato Curry. 

Ingredients: 
1 tablespoon coconut oil 
2 1/2 cloves of Garlic 
1 medium onion (diced) 
4 small potatoes
1 can of coconut milk (I used organic light) 
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup peas (I used frozen)
1 teaspoon red pepper 
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt 
1 1/2 tablespoon of ginger 
1 tablespoon garlic powder 

Instructions: 
1.Add your coconut oil to a large skillet on medium heat. 
2. Add minced garlic. 
3. After garlic is fragrant add diced onion until it's clear. 
4. Add coconut milk, diced tomatoes and everything else EXCEPT THE PEAS. 
5. Cover and let simmer on medium low for about 17 minutes. Or until the potatoes are soft. 
6. Now, add the peas, cover for another 5 minutes.

No comments: