Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Desired Decades

Who doesn't dream about what they want and where they want to be in life at certain ages? As I was in bed last night, my wheels were spinning on what I want to do and where I need to be. I took the time to appreciate all the trials I went through up until now at age 27, despite all the foolery I love and enjoy my life. So I thought I would share my goals in decade formation with you.

In my teens, I wanted to have fun, do sports, get into trouble, make friends and laugh.

In my early twenties, I started out in trouble, financially unstable, emotional and overworked because I was in my career as a weather forecaster for Fox News KTBY-TV at age 18. I had to be a certain way, couldn't do many things because of who I was and what I was representing.

At 25, I discovered that life is for living and for fun! At this time, I should be thankful that I have had those opportunities to start my career very early, especially without a degree. It was then when I decided to leave the past hurts, hang-ups and habits (stole that from Celebrate Recovery) in the past and enjoy my here and now.

Now at 27, I finally have my BA in Journalism and Mass Communications and I'm taking the bull by the horns when it comes to my finances; by making future goals and taking steps to achieve them. I've located local financial council, will start an IRA soon, buy a passport, close credit cards, and build a savings account.

At 30, I plan to take an international trip for my dirty thirty and if it's in Gods will be fully into my desired career path.

I also have a great plan for my 40s and up, but I will come back when I'm in my 30s and see how much of my list I have accomplished.

What are your goals? Let's make a plan to make things happen! Let's take control of our life and our finances and live the life that God wants for us! Have a great day!

<3 Ebony

No comments: