Saturday, November 14, 2015

Paris

A city that I would love to live in. A city that has so much beauty and is known for love and being affectionate. That same city, suffered one of many horrendous terrorist attacks. CNN reports that 128 people have died, they also stated that ISIS claims responsibility for these attacks (Castillo & Karimin, 2015).

I know that I'm growing in  God when my heart hurts when others are in pain. Usually I would be like well that sucks, or, oh well it's not where I'm at. Lately I've been placing myself, or at least trying to, in the shoes of people who are going through tragedy. What would I have done in that situation? How would I react?  The logical thing says that my track days would kick in and I would be out of there, another part of me says I would rush the gunmen with other people, there are more of us then them, and then another part of me says I might just freeze up.

I cannot imagine what those people are feeling, what was going through their minds and so on. I stopped trying to figure out who does what and why. I don't want to understand why someone or a group of people can be so mean, harsh and pride themselves on terrorizing innocent people. All for what? I've come to the realization that it's not my place to understand, instead it is my place to pray... and stay in prayer for everyone involved.


No comments: