Friday, November 13, 2015

Justin Bieber- Purpose

Billboard magazine calls the new album from Bieber titled "Purpose"  a "rebirth". As I read his touching heartfelt article of childhood struggle, to being raised by a single mother, to almost letting fame destroy him; I listened to his new album with an open heart.

Most sites and magazines gave Biebs between a 3 or 4 out of 5 stars. I however, gave him a 4 1/2 out of 5. I was also surprised that he released his album the same day as One Direction. It wasn't until I hit play, that I realized that the Biebs is hitting a whole new demographic other than the 'fan girl'. With that said, his vocals have changed and it will take some getting used to on the ears. Especially when he was this awesome hair flipping tween singing Baby with Ludacris.

My favorite songs on this album are "We Are" featuring Nas who is one of my FAVORITE rappers, and "Love Yourself" I found it to be a kick in the ass to shallow girls. So before you judge, read the article in Billboard Magazine and THEN listen to his album Purpose.  It might surprise you.

No comments: