Thursday, November 5, 2015

My Journey to Happiness: Baptism

Many things have been going on, as I'm on my journey to happiness. I've tried so hard in my life to make people like me. To find someone who loves me, to be accepted for exactly who I am. But, when placed in the wrong hands (i.e. of man) I was always let down and my insecurities grew. I'm tired, tired of allowing others to have a say in my life, so for the past two years I've been working hard to do exactly what I wanted. I took trips, I learned to shoot a gun, I moved out of my home state, I allowed people close to me, I allowed myself to be hurt and rebuild, I allowed myself to live and not care; BUT most importantly, I allowed myself to love me and be okay with who I am.

In November of 2014, I started this 365 Day Walk in Christ dedication. Each day it had a message, and each message came with prayer and a bible verse. These messages, have touched me, I try to remember my teachings and use them everyday. By doing so, I've become so obedient in Christ, the only question he had  left was "what are you going to do for me?" I've been battling this for quite some time now, but I knew in my heart, this is what I needed and he is where I needed to be. He has blessed me, gotten me out of situations only he could, and he has shown me undying love when I come to him. I am not the type to follow a crowd or do something because people think is right. I wanted to know God and Jesus, I wanted to understand who he was and what he does, I wanted a relationship, I wanted to know him deeply before I took the leap. I wanted to make sure I was willing to walk to walk, there is nothing that bothers me more, than someone who claims a religion but lives like the devil; I did NOT want to be that person, the world is full of them, I want to be different. I wanted to be ready. 

On November 4, 2015, I was baptized by my amazing Pastor Will Lewis. I thank the Lord for my church family, Monica and the McCoy Crew :), Nadine & Kevin, Denean & Darren, Nancy & her daughter (who was there in spirit), for supporting me last night, much like all nights. I'm glad to say when I have an attack from the devil, I text those amazing ladies and they pray for me RIGHT on the spot and I feel so powerful and uplifted! BY moving, God has giving me my own WAR TEAM IN CHRIST! They give me so much life, I'm beyond thankful. 

Even though, I've been on this journey of self discovery for quite some time now, I know it is FAR from over, and my BIGGEST leap of faith that took place last night was only the beginning. 


Now playing: I Give Myself Away by William McDowell

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Love you girl! I'm so blessed to have you in my life and it's so amazing to see all of this happening for you! Only God, am I right? *hugs*

Unknown said...

Ebony, I now need to re-apply my mascara!!! lol. I want you to know that we are so blessed and honored to have you in our lives. God is so amazing and purposeful in all he does. There is a reason that you and I both moved here to College Station and who knew that this wonderful Bible Study group (now family) was all a part of his wonderful design for our lives. The McCoy family loves you a ton! I am so excited to grow in my relationship with Christ right along side of you and our beautiful WAR TEAM IN CHRIST! I'm so grateful that my kids are able to be a part of our amazing team and witness the spiritual growth taking place within it. They too are growing and learning the great glory and grace of God because of you and our precious crew. I love your blog and look forward to reading it everyday! The McCoy's are excited about our new family member... You're absolutely BEAUTIFUL in every way! Much Love, The McCoy's