Monday, March 16, 2015

3 Reasons Why You NEED: To Pimp a Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar



1. I'm a sucker for beats and musicality SO with that said the instruments used in this  jazz meets hiphop vibe is pure genius! Perfect mix of old school vibe and new age spit creates a ridiculous concotion of brilliance!

2. Lyrics, lyrics lyrics! Lol man it's amazing. He takes you to a place when music used to be appreciated. Not just the artist but the instruments the words the vibes it's all present from track 1-17. You can't help but nod along to each song. 

3  It's f***ing Kendrick Lamar.... 

I just love him in all that he does creatively. He helps give me life with his play with words. Writers block? Need a creative push? Don't want to be caught slippin? Turn to this album.... Trust me.

Personal favs :

Mortal Man! - 2pac is that you??? <3 it

I - because I love myself as he says perfect anthem 

The Blacker the Berry- straight power