Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Always be You

"You shouldn't just be subjective to one thing, thought, or saying. Allowing others to deprive you of your knowledge and outbursts is so self containing, that's why people go crazy."- Travis Edmonton

Lately I've been getting a lot of requests to write about some topics. This current post is a request from a fellow colleague I went to school with at the Art Institute (oh how I miss the level of complex minds)

He said: "Ebony, when do we (as people and creative thinkers) know when enough is enough and when to hush up?"

Travis said he reads these posts daily or whenever I post them, so he read the one that said When is enough enough, but wanted me to elaborate more on that subject. So here is my response:

"Travis, to be honest I don't really know when it's time to hush up. Why? Because I will never do that, it's against who I am and what I do and what I stand for. I cannot be that subjective person and I will never be. My father would be ashamed of me and then my friends wouldn't know who I am if I do so. So with that being said, there is no point to where one knows, they have a feeling but regardless people say and do as they please and people cannot change that independence in someone. Hell we went to the same college you know how vocal they are there"



Travis laughed and agreed, he then went on to tell me how things are different for him now and he feels confined and asked what would I do if I was in that situation.

"I said leave the situation, no matter what it brings or has to offer in the end if you are not happy with yourself the amount of money can't make up for the deep sorrow your soul feels. You aren't alone in this topic Travis, I'm in the same boat feeling a little constricted in this matter but I am choosing to leave. It will be a sad departure but when you're not happy things have to change. YOU are in charge of your own happiness"

Travis: " This is why I miss AIS Can't have convo's like this anymore"

The conversation went deeper and longer into our minds and what's really going on, and in the end we felt free and back to normal. Someone will ALWAYS try to shut you up and hold you down, You just got to be strong enough to say " I'm me take it or leave it"