Wednesday, November 14, 2018

The Things That Escape You

It's funny how things can escape you. Your mind and your habits. For me, it's writing. From time to time I get in these moods or modes where, I'm so focused on a project that i neglect to write in this blog. The best part about this blog is using keywords. I have a lot of you who are subscribed, and wait for the next blog post. When it hasn't been done, I see the search engine keywords. It makes me happy to know that you are still searching for something. It also makes me happy to know that you're searching here for some type of answers.

I noticed that for the entire month of November I've written maybe two blogs including this one. I've been blessed with an opportunity to be contracted to write something amazing that I can't share with you just yet, but I'm excited to share with you soon enough.  I've been so overjoyed and overwhelmed by the opportunity, that everything else was on immediate hold until I was done.

That could be a good thing or a bad thing. 

Good thing because, well, I'm focused. It could also be a bad thing because I'm forgetting about the reality around me. When I'm so focused I pay no attention to the news, social media, those around me and I isolate myself. Then when I'm finished, I come out of this dark room like Gollum looking for the ring. I'm hunched over, crippled with my hands crossing one another, hairless because I took my wig off (just kidding) but you get my drift. 

I have to learn to balance certain things. How to get things done but still be a functioning part of society. Or, is that idea far fetched because as a writer we're never really part of society. We're the outcasts, the loners who create these weird worlds from strange dreams and ideas that others laugh at, but also rush to the theaters to see, or pick up a book to read. We're criticized for thinking differently, awkwardly, strangely but then praised for the ability to create different worlds...it's so confusing. 

Anyways

The point of this blog is to share, that I"ll be back on it soon enough with new stories, more encouragement and exciting news about my career. Stay tuned. 

<3 Ebony 

No comments: