Saturday, May 26, 2018

Poem: Tummy Turns

We have a disconnect.
I don't like it.
I like when I'm with you.
I like when I'm near you.
I love when I'm under you.
I hate the distance.

Whether by a few miles or across the country,
I hate the disconnect.
I love the conversations.
I love my wild expectations.
I love your unique persuasion.
I hate the silence.

We have unspoken promises,
of what we want with one another.
With how we treat each other.
Do we dare call us lovers?
I hate the unknown.

Whether by a yes or a no.
I hate the guessing game.
Especially with another wordsmith.
It leaves no room for self-righteousness.
Because we call each other out on the bull shit.
I hate that you're not mine.

We have a rule in line.
At least, I think it's set in time.
As in, we will see what transpires of this.
Just, for now, I'll put it on my wish list.'
I ache for you.
I hate not having you.

By: Ebony Williams

No comments: