Saturday, February 11, 2017

Why I Pray For My Husband, Even Though I Haven’t Met Him Yet

As I heard a group of older women discussing the importance of prayer, one woman was so happy to share that she prays for her husband every day. The other women laughed and said “we knew YOU would” and then she turned to me and asked, “Excuse me, do you pray for your husband daily?” My reply was “I pray for my husband almost daily. I may skip a day or two not on purpose.” She turned to her friends and said “See it’s not strange to pray for him daily or damn near close to it. How long have you been married?” Me “Oh, I’m not married.” The women looked at one another, then to me and said: “How can you pray for a husband you don’t have?” 

Simple

I pray for my husband, even though I haven’t met him because one day I will. One day I’ll meet the man of my dreams, the one hand crafted by God just for me. How silly would I be to not pray for him? He’s hurt just like how I’ve hurt. He’s tired of the games just like how I am. It’s also possible that he might be giving up on women and love because of his past experiences. I don’t want him to give up or slowly lose hope. He deserves to have healing just like anyone else, so why not pray for him?

I pray for my husband, even though I haven’t met him because I want him to be strong. Strong in his faith, mentally, physically and emotionally. I want his heart to heal and for him to be able to forgive. I want him to be the best man, the best version of him that God has in mind. I want him to feel the love from my prayers. I want him to get that feeling that someone is watching out for him. I want him to build a self-worth so strong he settles for nothing less than me.

I pray for my husband, even though I haven’t met him because I want him to be so close to God even I have to be right in order to see that he’s the one for me.

I pray for my husband because I believe that he’s out there.

So why do I pray for my husband even though I haven’t met him? It’s simple because I want nothing but the best for him.


<3 Ebony

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's deep!!! Your prayer will be answered and the one sent to you will be the best that GOD has for you. God Bless!

Unknown said...

When the enemy attacks her, let her faith in You protect her so that she may stand her ground. Bring your Word to her mind so that she may turn aside his assaults and fight the good fight. Help her to remember that You give us the victory through Christ