Thursday, October 27, 2016

I'm more than...

I'm more than my body, the color of my skin and the way my hair blows in the wind.
I'm more than the makeup on my face, and the face wash I use to restore Gods grace.
I'm more than the European beauty the world wants to subject me too.
I'm more than the weaves, acrylics, and gel nails that society tells me I need.
I'm more than the selfies, clothes and shoes on my feet.
I'm more than the object that you perceive me to be.

I am Ebony, a woman whose middle name is Sade, like the jazz singer who oozes sex appeal, confidence and beauty while staying fully clothed swaying on stage

I am Ebony, a proud woman of color who embraces her ethnicity. According to my ancestry,I'm a woman of African, East Indian, Polynesian,Surinamese and British decent 

I am a woman who proudly wears her almond skin. Evenly matched by Bare Mineral foundation, lightly padded on my face because I love my scars and freckles that fill my cheeks.

Black men told me, I'm cute for a black girl, and they would actually date me.
Black men told me, if I wasn't so ambitious I would be taken 
Black men told me, if I was more accepting of open relationships they would love to have me
I know there has to be a better representation of my black men, I just have yet to encounter them
After-all, I think they're confused, I'm single not lonely those are two separate things


I am Ebony, someone with a path of finding  love is nonexistent as I struggled within myself, because of men who down talked me, men who degraded me, men who intimidated me and men who abused me

Despite that. 

I am Ebony, a woman who has battle scars and room for new ones God has for me.
I am Ebony, a woman who knows her worth and gets what she deserves
I am Ebony, a woman who is

Beautiful 

Confident 

Loved 

and worthy


To my queens who struggle to know their worth let me tell you this you ARE:

Beautiful
Strong
Worthy
Loved


No matter what color your skin is, no matter what people say, no matter who passes you, talks about you and so on.
All of my queens should know and feel that the world is ours and give a giant middle finger to anyone who tries to tell you otherwise. 

No comments: