Thursday, March 24, 2016

Not so Funny

Kat Williams, what is the first thing that came to mind when you read his name? Is it his many stand-ups? His hilarious appearances in movies? What he has done for the community black and non-black? Is it what he used to stand for? Or do you think of the recent? The Kat Williams, who throws punches at people who work at Target, or most recently, the Kat Williams who threw a punch at a 15-year-old on a soccer field? Well, the video of that is circulating the web, CLICK HERE to check it out. While others laugh, clown, diss whatever you want to call it, I can't help but be sad and pray.

There is something much more going on with this man, and others alike. That instead of helping him and others people chose to record, mock and spread the ridiculousness. That my friends hurt my heart. How can people not watch this video and the others that circulated prior and saw someone who needs help? Whether he wants to admit it or not, there is a battle so deep only Jesus can fix it. So no, I will not join you in laughing at this video, laughing at another man's expense, and joining in on the pain that he is so obviously going through. Instead, I will pray for a silent battle in hopes that he can get it together before something truly drastic happens.

There is no reason, as to why a fight between a grown man and a child who bucked up should've happened. I simply don't understand. However, I do know that it is not my place to understand and instead spread the request of prayer for our community. We are hurting, our icons are hurting, our heart and soul is hurting, and instead of helping everyone is quick to grab a camera and record it while yelling "World Star!"  Oh well, I know it's a lot to ask, but whether I have people who join me or not in making a difference, not just by praying but by action; I am more than willing to do it alone. Have a blessed day, and think about others.

<3 Ebony

No comments: