Friday, February 12, 2016

Valentine's Day

Some people DREAD this day! Then, there are those hopeless romantics that LOVE this day. As I prepare for my radio show, I'm tuning in to various morning shows, syndicated and local to hear what their views are on Valentine's Day. To no surprise, most of the men HATE this day, some of the women love it and then some of the other women hate it. Then I was asked, "what do you think of Valentine's Day?" After I sat back, thought about it, I came to this conclusion:

I do NOT hate Valentine's Day. Instead, I hate Hallmark, the candy companies and the flower shops for spiking prices to capitalize on love. I hate the people who feel as if they need to go ALL OUT for their loved ones just because it's expected. I love the day, but I hate the manufactured mess it became to be. If I'm going to be honest, I've had the BEST Valentine's Days when I'm single. I think this is because my boyfriend at the time would put way to much pressure on himself and end up ruining the day. When I'm single, my guy friends always find a way to show that I am loved, and that there is something out there for me :). Might sound corny, but I surround myself with great positive people, male and female.

The best Valentine's Day, came from a guy friend. He bought me  a basket for "singles awareness day" (for those who don't know, it's Valentine's Day for singles). The basket was BRIGHT PINK, had dead roses in it (I HATE roses), sour candies (YUCK), chocolate filled raspberry creme candies (YUCK), a picture of Neil Diamond (Why, I have no idea...), a t-shirt of Britney Spears during her 07 melt down, all wrapped in a see through Christmas paper, while being held by a giant teddy bear with one eye. Then the note, that was on a Disney Princess birthday paper that had an Austin Powers sticker on it, the note read : "Happy singles awareness day you sexy beast you, trust me, you aren't missing out on anything. :) "

So, back on topic, when it comes to Valentine's Day, I love to feel the love when I go out. I love to see the hands being held, the men on their best behavior, the women dressed their best, and the passionate kisses exchanged from the older couples who've put in YEARS to make their relationship work. I'm all for LOVE, however, I am not for capitalizing on it.  So for those who celebrate it and absolutely LOVE everything I hate when it comes to this day, I pray that God blesses your sweet heart, your relationships and much more. For those who feel the same as me, I still pray that God blesses your heart, relationships and much more.

Happy Valentines Day!
<3 Eb

#nowlisteningto Big Sean "I Don't Fuck With You"

No comments: