Wednesday, December 30, 2015

New Years Resolutions?

"I'm going to get in shape" or "I'm going to eat right" to "yup, this year I'll be sexy!" How many people have said that at the new year, I will focus on a better body, make healthier food choices and so on? My question is, why wait if it is something that you're serious about?

Many people wait for a Monday, the weekend or the new year to do something good. If you know what you want, then go for it! Why wait to tell someone you love them? Why wait to work-out? Why wait to eat that salad and put down that cheese burger? Why wait to work on your bad language? Why wait to fix a broken relationship family/friend/or love? Why wait to love yourself?Waiting will only aid to the existing issue of procrastination.

I haven't made a new years resolution, heck, I haven't made one since I was in High School. For me, I discovered that waiting only leads to forgetting then leads to self hatred at some point and disappointment. Let's be honest, no one has time for that.Let's get real, new years resolutions can be stressful! So instead of focusing on having one, focus on all that you have accomplished in 2015.

For Me:

I moved from Alaska to Texas, put out another novel, got into the best shape of my life, grew closer to God, got baptized, went on a solo trip, dated outside my race for once, went on a date BY MYSELF, built up my self confidence, loved and lost, laughed and cried, learned to cook gourmet meals, started a new book series to read AND started a new one to write :) , learned to flirt, put all those years of Spanish and French class to use, and lastly, fell in love with what God created....ME.

I didn't go into this year with a new years resolution, no expectations of false reality instead I just did it, on the day I was thinking it and never stopped. Just try it, don't wait, go get what you want.

<3- Ebony

No comments: