Wednesday, May 8, 2013

You to Fat for That! ... <- Aint Nobody Got Time for That!

It seems like our stores have been pissing off a lot of people lately. The latest being Target claiming on one of their dress in plus size as "Manatee Gray" and when that same dress is offered in the standard xs-xl is known as gray. A public apology was sent out all across the boards. IF you watch TV you would see JC Penny's commercial pretty much begging for their clients to come back, they have willing placed in this ad and acknowledged that they made a mistake.


So whats new now? you might ask.. well how about a CEO os a famous brand? Ever wonder why you can't find an XL in Ambercrombie & Fitch? Well that's because CEO Mike Jefferies said :" I don't want larger people to wear my clothes, they need to be thin and beautiful" ...... I don't believe I need to go into detail on the ignorance of this statement and what he continued to say.


H&M has switched up their look instead of the skinny girl flaunting around, they have a curvy girl sporting their swimwear line. I read on yahoo.com "Is this the end of the skinny?" made me laugh and happy. Who knows. We look now on the run ways and those models have a little more meat not as much rib is showing. So I wouldn't say this is the last era of "thin being in" I would say this is an era where people love a little meat and aren't afraid to show it!



Recently there was a huge discussion on the OKC cheerleader, where a blogger took note and pointed out her "chunky-ness". This turned into a huge debate and that blogger was fired.

Sad thing about what Jefferies said the company wont fall and will still remain standing even after his statement. Hell  Tom Hilfiger said in an interview"I don't want black people to wear my clothes" but I still see random black people wearing his line, and i see some girls trying to squeeze into A&F just because their friends are wearing it.


No comments: