Sunday, June 18, 2017

Ebony Does: Replacing Laptop Screen

Look, I grew up like this, if it's broke don't throw it away try to fix it until there's no more options and THEN toss it! I carried that way of thinking with me into my adult life. I've learned how to fix minor issues with my car belt, break pads, do my weave, cook certain things all via YouTube; and now I'm learning how to fix my laptop screen! Call me Ms.Fix-It!



The screen was only  $30 on amazon, and my computer is now worth maybe $300. The programs on this laptop is where the hard money comes in. I have all my production and editing programs that I got FOR FREE on this laptop! If I were to toss it because of a broken screen, I would spend way more on a new laptop and I would have to buy all those programs. No thank you!

So first I watched about a million YouTube videos trying to figure out what I need. I can put down my power tool (disappointed) because I simply needed a flat head and phillps screw driver and a pair of tweezers.

Side note: having a video that's over 20 minutes long for this project makes no sense! Now that I went through the process, I'm going to need these guys to talk a little faster, there's no reason to be  sloth.


Now that I'm properly armed, I'm ready to take on this task! Lets get this screen off!!

 My excitement was quickly stopped because I forgot... I fast forwarded past 15 minutes and missed the part where he showed how to take the screen off.
 Okay, now I'm back in the game! I watched the painful 10 minutes and now I can take off the frame and I'm unscrewing the little screws. I need glasses because those screw were WAY to small!
 BOOM SHAKA LAKA! I got it! Ya girl is good! Don't want to toot my own horn but TOOT TOOT!
 This damn broken screen! I want to toss it, snap it, throw it against the wall, bite it! If you can't tell it's caused me a lot of frustration!
 Put the new screen on, screwed everything in correctly. Bodda bing, bodda boom it's fixed! That damn 20 minute video for less then 5 minutes of work.
 Then I remembered my other laptop has a broken screen too.. Do NOT judge me! My nickname is Murph for Murphy's Law, anything that can go wrong will! But now that I'm a pro, I got this!
Why hello baby, mama is glad to have you back! :D  You can learn anything from YouTube. You have no excuses!


No comments: