Monday, October 19, 2015

Chicken Fried Rice


Alrighty! So I love Chinese food but I hate the mass amounts of sodium and other things that's in there thats not good for you. So here I created an awesome recipe for a little healthier version. 

2 cups brown rice 
1 chicken breast 
1 1/2 cup carrots
Can of peas 
2 tablespoons of less or no sodium soy sauce 
1/2 to 1 cup of onion 
1 egg 
1 tablespoon water 
Another table spoon of water (my choice) or 1 table spoon of butter
2 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil

I decided to bake the chicken,30-45 min on 400 

In a bowl you mix the water and egg and add to pan. If you decided to use butter, melt the butter on low before you add the egg and water mixture. Cook egg on low also, I like to make sure it's fluffy then I let it sit. 

In a big pan, I used the olive oil to soften the onion, then I added carrots and peas

When the chicken is done, you cut it up into tiny squares or how ever big you prefer. 

Then I add in the cooked rice and chicken to my carrots, peas and onions. Then pour in the soy sauce. 

Before you add in the egg, cut it up and then add it in. 

Season to taste, I used garlic powder, salt and pepper. Everything used is either organic or gluten free :) 

:) 

No comments: